Welcome to the first step towards one of the most rewarding job opportunities of your career. It is my pleasure to introduce you to Omni-ID…
We are a company driven to be the very best in everything we do. As a result, Omni-ID is growing at 2X the industry and we’ve experienced triple digit year over year revenue growth! From our industry-changing on-metal technology to our groundbreaking ProVIEW visual tagging system, Omni-ID’s technical innovations are not only driving strong sales, but incredible excitement within our industry.
This success is enabled by the highly capable and dedicated teams of sales, operations, engineers and support staff. I’m very proud of our team and the balanced culture of hard work, great results and professionalism that binds us together.
Because of this, our team sets a very high standard for potential candidates; a challenge I hope that you will be excited to take on. The successful candidate will be that rare individual who is not only a top 5% performer in their field – but also possesses a strong entrepreneurial spirit and internal drive.
At all levels, we’re not just looking for employees – we’re looking for leaders, who want to be part of a team, have the desire to grow, will lend a hand and fill a need when found, and most importantly – are driven to make a difference every day.
We’re one of the companies driving the IoT revolution. If being a part of developing, selling and deploying these solutions for our top global customers (Cisco, HP, Whirlpool, NASA, USMC, Boeing, Daimler, Ford, Fiat, Mitsubishi, Honda, Stanley Black & Decker, and growing!) sounds exciting – this opportunity is for you!
We are highly selective – but I can promise you this…if you are chosen, this will be both one of the most challenging and rewarding moves in your career!
Career Opportunities at Omni-ID
Senior Software Engineer
Department: Product Development Engineering
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Rochester, NY
Omni-id is a market leader in manufacturing & supplying Industrial RFID tags and solutions globally. Omni-id is driving the Internet of Things (IoT) revolution in IT & manufacturing, leveraging our active, passive and view tag e-paper technologies to create revolutionary solutions for customers. Projects include advanced N-Tier Workflow Management system design in asset management and highly configurable workflows in manufacturing environments utilizing “Internet-of-Things” technologies built on very advanced RFID, active radio, and visual display hardware components. Come join our team of highly passionate engineers during this exciting phase of our company’s growth.
- Contribute to the software development lifecycle, focusing on designing, implementation and debugging software solutions.
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers and testers using a scrum based agile software development methodology
- Work closely with product managers to understand requirements and design software solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Work with QA to debug software issues and ensure robust software quality
- Work with sales & field engineers to develop integrated software / hardware solutions for customer requirements, and to support escalations from customers for field issues.
- Integrate software with existing systems and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Previous software development experience (7-10 years) on the Microsoft .NET/C# platform.
- Experience building RESTful API’s for web services
- Demonstrated record of working independently through entire SDLC
- Experience with unit testing tools, profilers, continuous integration and GIT
- Experience with workflow engine design (i.e. event bus, message queues, rules engines), and other technologies typically found in N-Tier business applications
- SQL database experience (schema & query design)
- Experience developing robust, multi-threaded device-layer software, preferably on Windows
- Experience with device layer software and integrating with firmware a plus.
- Experience with RFID & network communication technologies a plus.
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Experience working with customers to support production installs, customer implementation support and escalation support is a plus.
Education: BS or MS degree in Computer Science
Compensation: A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with your ability to contribute to our team
Field Application Engineer
Responsible first and foremost for servicing Sales and Program management needs which includes all external Omni-ID customers. The position requires direct interface with customers both internal and external. This position is a direct line to the customer and acts as the interface to the engineering group on product requirements. Additionally, just as critical the position has the last visibility to delivered product to the customer and therefore needs to ensure success and quality prior to delivery, customer satisfaction as the key to success.
Department: Professional Services
Location: Rochester, NY
- Support site surveys
- Support product evaluations
- Execute on test plans, design of experiments
- Write Reports – site audit, test results, trip reports, etc….
- Product requirements documentation
- Support software, customer demos
- Call support, maintenance support
- Minor script writing, understanding of dbase
- Min BS in related Engineering degree
- 2-3 yrs. in systems communications and test experience
- 2-3 yrs. project management experience
- Experience working in a discrete manufacturing environment.
- 3-5 year’s experience in industrial automation or SCADA software preferred
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail
- Proven customer engagement skills
- Working knowledge of lab equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have the ability to lift 20-50lbs
Compensation: A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with your ability to contribute to our team.
Are you interested in being on the front lines in communicating groundbreaking new technologies and products to the marketplace? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment where you will be called upon to develop marketing content and plans to support these communications?
We’re looking for an experienced and creative marketing manager to support one of our key industrial segments – manufacturing solutions. Flex your muscles as an expert in providing demand generation campaign management and execution promoting our solutions. Your primary objective will be ensuring optimal visibility for the Omni-ID brand and award-winning ProVIEW system solutions.
The Marketing Manager must be experienced enough to communicate with all areas of the company confidently and work collaboratively with cross-functional counterparts to recommend, plan and execute a range of demand generation activities. Part marketing expert and part subject matter expert, the Marketing Manager will proactively identify marketing opportunities and make campaign recommendations, consistent with the overall brand and marketing objectives.
- Proactively identify, evaluate and recommend marketing opportunities consistent with product line and solutions objectives
- Display subject matter expertise on defined product lines, solutions and markets to align all go-to-market messaging and strategies
- Managing the content, design and production of digital and print materials to support the solutions product portfolio (hardware + software)
- Generate brand visibility and demand through holistic campaign management (content marketing, direct marketing, events, digital media, video, social media and thought leadership)
- Responsible for management of the product collateral, both print and digital (including video) as well as relevant solutions sections on omni-id.com
- Provide feedback and adjust campaigns based on results (analytics)
- Continuously evolve the program and look for new opportunities for visibility within the key customer segments (current and new customer)
- Work directly with sales and product marketing team to generate inputs and feedback on programs
Experience & Education
- 5+ years of B2B software, solutions or technology marketing experience targeting industrial automation, IoT or manufacturing is required
- Demonstrated experience in planning, developing and executing go-to market plans
- Demonstrated expertise in compelling copy writing and content generation (video, articles, PR, web, success stories, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or cross-functionally with sales, engineering, marketing teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit and experience working in a solutions-based technical environment
A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with your experience.