Welcome to the first step towards one of the most rewarding job opportunities of your career. It is my pleasure to introduce you to Omni-ID…
We are a company driven to be the very best in everything we do. As a result, Omni-ID is growing at 2X the industry and we’ve experienced triple digit year over year revenue growth! From our industry-changing on-metal technology to our groundbreaking ProVIEW visual tagging system, Omni-ID’s technical innovations are not only driving strong sales, but incredible excitement within our industry.
This success is enabled by the highly capable and dedicated teams of sales, operations, engineers and support staff. I’m very proud of our team and the balanced culture of hard work, great results and professionalism that binds us together.
Because of this, our team sets a very high standard for potential candidates; a challenge I hope that you will be excited to take on. The successful candidate will be that rare individual who is not only a top 5% performer in their field – but also possesses a strong entrepreneurial spirit and internal drive.
At all levels, we’re not just looking for employees – we’re looking for leaders, who want to be part of a team, have the desire to grow, will lend a hand and fill a need when found, and most importantly – are driven to make a difference every day.
We’re one of the companies driving the IoT revolution. If being a part of developing, selling and deploying these solutions for our top global customers (Cisco, HP, Whirlpool, NASA, USMC, Boeing, Daimler, Ford, Fiat, Mitsubishi, Honda, Stanley Black & Decker, and growing!) sounds exciting – this opportunity is for you!
We are highly selective – but I can promise you this…if you are chosen, this will be both one of the most challenging and rewarding moves in your career!
Career Opportunities at Omni-ID
Position: Program Coordinator
Location: Rochester, NY USA
Reports To: Director of Professional services
|The Program Coordinator undertakes a variety of administrative and program management tasks in support of the Professional Services and Sales organization. They will be responsible for tracking project deliverables, dates and monitoring deadlines; provide regular and timely reports highlighting variances as they arise. They help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties as assigned such as: project budgets, collections, invoicing, tracking, correspondence and various administrative tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Any other duties assigned by management
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL SETS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand and walk and may on occasion need to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may on occasion be called to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and possibly up to 40 pounds.
This position primarily works in an office setting during regular business hours; however, overtime may be required during a peak or busy season.
Business Travel may be required on occasion.
Commensurate with experience
4 year degree preferred and 8 years applicable experience.
Senior Embedded Design Engineer
The senior embedded design engineer will continue development of Omni-ID’s newest generation of active and visual RFID tags for use in manufacturing and supply chain environments, as well as support legacy products. The position requires the design of electronics with integrated radios and programming of 16 and 32 bit microcontrollers for use in power critical, cost sensitive, battery operated products. The engineer must have a proven track record with the ability to work independently. The engineer must have demonstrated experience and ability for end to end development from schematic capture, early prototyping, embedded firmware development, GUI based software utility development using a high-level language (ex C#, Python etc.), early and full manufacturing introduction as well as product maintenance. Demonstrated experience with RF, radios and antennas preferable. The engineer must have experience with appropriate agency certification processes necessary for commercialization of portable radio products into industrial environments.
Location: Rochester, NY USA
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Main responsibilities of this position include designing and implementing firmware for microcontrollers running bare-metal
- Engage with entire Omni-ID worldwide value chain to develop specifications ensuring that all firmware, hardware and product designs conform to acceptable product metrics.
- Familiarity with implementations various wifi protocols particularly in embedded in devices.
- Design and develop projects as an individual contributor taking guidance from team leadership.
- Lead the certification process for radio based products including FCC, IC, CCC.
- Familiarity with intrinsic safety requirements and certification processes for products deployed in hazardous environments.
- Accept accountability for timely delivery schedules.
- Achieve critical design for cost requirements.
- Provide support for prototype fabrication and debug as well as large scale global manufacturing introduction and product delivery.
- Receive and interpret input from customers and sales regarding changes and enhancements for specific product performance requirements.
- Develop accurate and complete product documentation including engineering drawings, product specifications and customer user guides.
- Engage with customer(s) and the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) function to define test plans and associated metrics to be used to verify expected performance.
- Education: BSEE, BSCE (MSEE or other graduate degree helpful)
- Experience: 10 or more years’ progressive experience in hands-on design engineering roles. Must have up to date experience as an individual contributor with latest families of microcontrollers, firmware, radios and design automation tools.
- Veterans with required skills and background will be given strong consideration
- Strong Electronics background including circuit design and debug.
- Experience writing firmware for bare metal microcontrollers (MSP430, ARM Cortex-M)
- Development experience with C.
- GUI utility development with C#, Python or similar.
- Experience using logic analyzer, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, and network analyzer.
- Experience using Altium Designer.
- Experience with UHF low power radio systems a plus.
- Contribution to Open Source projects is a plus.
- Experience developing Linux applications is a plus.
- Source control using GitHub is a plus.
Travel: Business travel may be required on occasion.
Compensation: A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with your ability to contribute to our team