Welcome to the first step towards one of the most rewarding job opportunities of your career. It is my pleasure to introduce you to Omni-ID…
We are a company driven to be the very best in everything we do. As a result, Omni-ID is growing at 2X the industry and we’ve experienced triple digit year over year revenue growth! From our industry-changing on-metal technology to our groundbreaking ProVIEW visual tagging system, Omni-ID’s technical innovations are not only driving strong sales, but incredible excitement within our industry.
This success is enabled by the highly capable and dedicated teams of sales, operations, engineers and support staff. I’m very proud of our team and the balanced culture of hard work, great results and professionalism that binds us together.
Because of this, our team sets a very high standard for potential candidates; a challenge I hope that you will be excited to take on. The successful candidate will be that rare individual who is not only a top 5% performer in their field – but also possesses a strong entrepreneurial spirit and internal drive.
At all levels, we’re not just looking for employees – we’re looking for leaders, who want to be part of a team, have the desire to grow, will lend a hand and fill a need when found, and most importantly – are driven to make a difference every day.
We’re one of the companies driving the IoT revolution. If being a part of developing, selling and deploying these solutions for our top global customers (Cisco, HP, Whirlpool, NASA, USMC, Boeing, Daimler, Ford, Fiat, Mitsubishi, Honda, Stanley Black & Decker, and growing!) sounds exciting – this opportunity is for you!
We are highly selective – but I can promise you this…if you are chosen, this will be both one of the most challenging and rewarding moves in your career!
Career Opportunities at Omni-ID
Detroit, MI Area
The Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the technical specifications in complex solutions. The PSE collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
- Reports to the Director of Professional Services.
- Works closely with sales executives and technical support teams.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Works deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and revenue.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Meets assigned targets for sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team-members to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution, Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum five years of sales or sales engineering experience in a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment; or
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role.
- Product certification, engineering credential, or equivalent technical credential.
- PC proficiency required
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently to serve the diverse needs of a global customer base a global sales team.
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions
- This position includes 35-50% outside travel to customers premises.
- Employee must pass a background check
- The employee may on occasion be called to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and possibly up to 40 pounds.
- Commensurate with experience
Department: Product Development Engineering
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Rochester, NY
Omni-id is a market leader in manufacturing & supplying Industrial RFID tags and solutions globally. Omni-id is driving the Internet of Things (IoT) revolution in IT & manufacturing, leveraging our active, passive and view tag e-paper technologies to create revolutionary solutions for customers. Projects include advanced N-Tier Workflow Management system design in asset management and highly configurable workflows in manufacturing environments utilizing “Internet-of-Things” technologies built on very advanced RFID, active radio, and visual display hardware components. Come join our team of highly passionate engineers during this exciting phase of our company’s growth.
- Contribute to the software development lifecycle, focusing on designing, implementation and debugging software solutions.
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers and testers using a scrum based agile software development methodology
- Work closely with product managers to understand requirements and design software solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Work with QA to debug software issues and ensure robust software quality
- Work with sales & field engineers to develop integrated software / hardware solutions for customer requirements, support escalations from customers for field issues.
- Integrate software with existing systems, and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Understanding of HTTP, and experience building RESTful APIs for web services
- Experience with node.js application development
- Proficiency with AngularJS
- Familiar with web applications running on iOS and Android
- Knowledge of OSS ecosystem and package management tools
- Working knowledge of GIT
- Experience with frontend build tools such as gulp, grunt
- Talent for aesthetically pleasing web design
- SQL database experience (schema & query design)
- Experience with RFID & network communication technologies a plus
- Experience with workflow engine design (i.e. event bus, message queues, rules engines), and other technologies typically found in N-Tier business applications
- Experience developing software in a .NET / C# environment
- Familiar with Win CE a plus
- Experience with device layer software and integrating with firmware a plus.
- Experience working with customers to support production installs, customer implementation support and escalation support is a plus.
Education: BS or MS degree in Computer Science
Compensation: A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with your ability to contribute to our team