Careers at Omni-ID
We currently don’t have any roles at Omni-ID.
However, if you would like to send us your CV and covering letter to us please use the link below.
Since 2008 Omni-ID has grown to become the leading global supplier of high performance, highly durable, Passive and Active tags used to improve workflow, asset tracking and management, around the globe.
We are currently expanding our product offering to include a range of new Active products using BLE & LoRa technologies to increase the communication range and include additional sensor data.
Over the years we have developed an extensive range of bespoke products to fulfil the needs of our customers from a wide range of markets, such as IT datacentres, Oil & Gas, manufacturing, military, transportation, automotive and many more. We have built a customer base that includes many for the top global companies such as Cisco, HP, IBM, Facebook, Ebay, Whirlpool, NASA, USMC, Boeing, Daimler, Ford, Fiat, Mitsubishi, Honda, BMW, Stanley Black & Decker.
The role is based at Omni-ID’s Farnham UK office, and is an important role within the Engineering team. Product design, development and project management functions are handled from the Farnham location. Product validation testing and manufacturing is carried out at our purpose-built factory facility in Qingdao China.
You will be working in a highly thought of engineering team, and dynamic environment developing state of the art active and passive tags that are regarded as one of the best by industry leaders.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years’ experience working as part of a development team with responsibilities in rapid prototype building of electronic products, plus the test and measurement of same products to in-house and externally recognised standards.
In this role you will be expected to execute product performance test plans and issue test reports as well as organise the building of test samples.
Role and responsibilities
- Carry out Hardware and Software testing of Active IOT (BLE, LoRa) devices and components against test plans.
- Carry out mechanical, environmental and RF testing of RFID tags and IOT systems.
- Training for the RF testing will be provided.
- You will be expected to execute test plans (and issue test reports) for the purpose of validating product performance and fault finding.
- Organise and undertake the assembly and firmware configuration of test samples.
- Use Test and measurement equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Spectrum analysers, Data loggers.
- Setting up environmental test equipment in accordance with the environmental test plans. (training will be given).
- Breadboard building of electronic circuits to be used as part of test plans.
- Use 3D printers and CNC routers to prototype plastic and metal parts (Training will be provided).
- Manipulate PCB CAD files using Autocad eagle. (Training will be provided).
- Generate Engineering CAD drawings for prototype parts and test fixtures
- Work with other members of the test team to prioritise and plan performance test requirements.
Skills and Attributes.
- HND or Equivalent qualification in Engineering.
- Experience in the testing and fault finding of Electronic circuits.
- Experience in performing Hardware and RF Test and Measurement of the Wireless devices.
- Experience in loading firmware into embedded software systems and setting up firmware testing of said products.
- Good understanding of basic electronic circuit theory.
- Experience in operating electronic and mechanical test and measurement equipment.
- Experience in product environmental testing and industry testing standards for harsh environments, covering temperature resistance, shock and vibration resistance, adhesion bond strength.
- Experience in manipulating PCB Gerber files an advantage.
- Experience in basic drafting and publishing mechanical drawing using CAD packages (such as Solidworks), an advantage.
- Experience in the use of rapid prototype equipment – 3D printers, an advantage.
- Experience in writing G-code for CNC machines, an advantage.
- Clear, logical thought and attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills: able to plan ahead & prioritise tasks.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- History of thinking out of the box to develop bespoke test and measurement fixtures.