RFID Tags that Beat the Heat!
Need to track assets or machines exposed to extreme heat, high pressure or corrosive chemicals? Omni-ID, and only Omni-ID, has the perfect tag for you.
Many industries process assets, products or materials at elevated temperatures using carriers or containers for transportation purposes. Frequently being able to reliably and uniquely identify and track the asset or container is highly advantageous, generating efficiency and compliance benefits.
Omni-ID found the marketplace was in great need of a tag that could survive repeated exposures in high temperature settings such as automotive paint booths, medical autoclave sterilization and manufacturing operations. The only available RFID tags on the market were, and continue to be, too large and bulky for most use cases, too expensive for large deployments and generally unreliable with an inconsistent resistance to high heat.
With the Fit 210, 220, 400, Exo 400 and IQ 800P HT, Omni-ID provides a complete family of RFID tags designed specifically for high temperature environments reaching up to 235°C. These products address the critical needs of customers with their combination of a unique form factor, read range up to 8m and high temperature survivability – all at a very competitive price point.
Designed for versatility and reliability
Omni-ID’s reputation as the leading industrial RFID innovator led customers to contact us seeking a tag that could withstand operations such as:
- Rubber vulcanization and compression molding for tires
- Ammunition outer shells molded under high stress and heat
- Downhole drilling for oil exploration
- Acidic plating and exposure to other solvents
The Fit family of tags satisfies all of the above and more. These tags are ideal for cycling operations where temperatures are repeatedly rising from ambient to upwards of 235°C and cooling back down. Our engineers conducted extensive testing where the Fit tags successfully survived hundreds of cycles from -20°C to +235°C (see before and after images below). Our thorough testing and validation program guarantees the reliability of these tags.
Don’t sacrifice performance for size
Many high temperature tag options available are too large and expensive for most customer’s needs. To endure elevated temps these tags need many layers of insulation. This is not the case with Omni-ID. Our tags are designed with innovative engineering and materials that allow for survivability in a small form factor. This makes our high temperature tags the most versatile with the industry’s best size-to-performance ratio. A sampling of use cases includes:
- Machine tooling – Tags are set into recesses in manufacturing tools in order to measure and track maintenance schedules ensuring production quality and line up time.
- Medical implants and tools – Sterilization is a critical process with elevated temperatures of short duration and a critical need to track containers and assets. Sterilization trays often require 150-170 degrees, but when quicker sterilization processes are required a much high temperature can move the process through in a matter of minutes.
- Food industry – Sterilization of reusable containers where temperatures and exposure periods reach 160°C for upwards of 30 minutes.
- Automotive paint booths – Parts carriers are being cycled multiple times each day at typical temperatures of 210°C and exposure times of 20 minutes. Many bumpers and automotive parts are now built by hydroforming processes requiring very high temperatures for these molding applications that exceed 180°C.
- Energy sector – There are many application cases where assets and carriers are exposed to high temperatures with exploration drilling frequently experiencing excursions up to 215°C.
With four size variations, all in a small form factor, and read ranges approaching 4 meters these are the most versatile and most reliable high temperature tags on the market.